Our COVID-19 member survey was sent on April 15. We appreciate the feedback from 800+ members. This will help us as we continue to navigate this pandemic. We wanted to thank those of you who took the time to write a thank you and express your appreciation for the NUFCU staff. It means a great deal to receive this positive feedback. We thought we'd share a few of the questions and answers that might help our membership as a whole. Please contact us at 402.472.2087 in Lincoln or 308.708.2777 in Kearney if you need further clarification on any of these items. Also we are continuing to update our COVID-19 page on a regular basis. Please click here to visit the page.
Question & Answers
- Waive out-of-network ATM charges - As of March 25 we suspended our out-of-network ATM fees. We hope this will help members who are now working from home and need access to cash closer to home.
- Adopting a contactless payment system such as Apple Pay - the credit union is continuing to explore this option. We will are looking at new vendors that can help us move in this direction.
- I need a slight credit limit increase on my credit card or offer a signature loan to balance transfer a high balance from a high rate credit card - If you find yourself in this situation, please contact us at 402.472.2087 and a loan officer will work to increase your credit limit. Our interest rate on our Classic Visa credit card is as low as 6.90% which should be very helpful if you need to move a balance from a high rate card. The credit union also offers a personal loan (signature loan) with a rate as low as 6.99% with flexible terms. We are here to help and both of these products may be just the ticket to save you money.
- Increase the number of remote transfers not requiring a signature - As of April 24, The Federal Reserve announced that they are waiving their limit of six convenience withdrawals per month from a savings accounts. The University of Nebraska Federal Credit Union is happy to see this suspension from the Federal Reserve. Members can now take advantage of this change to their share account and money market account.
- Let me skip a loan payment without penalty - if you have been adversely affected by COVID-19, please contact as we have several options to defer loan payments during the pandemic. Contact us at 402.472.2087.
- Why can't I change my PIN to what I want? - this is a great question. Members can change their PIN on a debit or credit card by calling 1.877.746.6746. The PIN change is active within moments of the call.
- Offer Mobile Deposits - the credit union has a mobile app that accepts mobile deposits. Click here to learn more and/or download the app.
- I have used your online banking for many years and have been very happy with it! I can do almost everything from home which is very important during these times.
- Just being there to answer our questions is reassuring.
- I am ok for now. NUFCU has been helpful and can count on staff being friendly and upbeat at drive-throughs!
- I appreciate very much all services still being available via the drive-thru.
- Keep providing quality and superb customer service, much appreciated.
Overall Survey Results
- 87% of respondents indicated that they have reduced their spending during this time.
- A majority of those that responded indicated they had reduced spend between 5% to 25%.
- Some of the items being cut included dining out, driving, travel/vacations, delaying major purchases and adjusting the supermarket where they shop.
- 48% of respondents are working at home to avoid going into an office or workplace, 25% are retired, 18% are going to an office or workplace, and 8% are not working due to COVID-19.
- 81% of those that responded do not anticipate having to look for work.
- When asked if you anticipate working in this way long term, 80% responded yes.
- As part of a series of question about level of concern, most respondents were concerned about a decline in the value of their 401(k) or retirement assets.